The Cliff House Resort & Spa was one of the suggestions for my bachelorette trip. Here’s the scoop:
* Who: Gals who want to enjoy New England’s great outdoors, biking, swimming and quaint villages while knowing a mani/pedi is just minutes away.
* What: A classic New England Seaside retreat with pampering amenities, luxe spa treatments, eco-friendly practices and fabulous oceanfront dining. Opened in 1872, the resort features 194 guest rooms each with an oceanview balcony.
* When: Ideal for summer or fall. During July and August, the resort offers complimentary trolley service to Perkins Cove, downtown Ogunquit and Ogunquit beach.
* Where: Located on the south coast of Maine, just an hour from Boston, its a great option for a road-tripping girl’s getaway.
* Don’t Miss: Spa lovers will be in heaven! The oceanfront, adults-only spa building contains a full-service spa, 75-foot lap pool, whirlpool, sauna, steam room, fitness center, spa boutique and 32 oversized guest rooms. Local ingredients are incorporated into spa services such as the Maine Blueberry Body Wrap and the Maine Blueberry Manicure and Pedicure. Other body treatments, facials and massages sound great too including the Cliff House Seashell Massage (uses warm seashells to balance your energy, improve circulation and boost lymphatic drainage) and the Wild Lime Blossom Scalp Massage.
* Booking: The resort offers a variety of year-round packages. My favorites are the 3-night Seaside Shopper and Spa Sampler programs or the 2-night Spa & Coastal Shopper. Pricing varies by season and mini-suites are available too (extra $50 per night) for an even more luxe getaway.